14 Feb TADD – Technology Attention Deficit Disorder
Why do a high proportion of business owners I talk to have Technology Attention Deficit Disorder (TADD)? Even though today, more than ever, it seems like every business is a technology business.
I frequently hear these comments from business owners:
- I’m not technical
- I don’t know who my IT Support partner is
- I’ve never met my IT Support partner
- I don’t know how much we spend on Technology
- We haven’t got an IT strategy.
On the other hand, I rarely hear these comments from business owners:
- I do not know who my accountant is
- I’ve never met my accountant
- I’m not into sales and marketing
- I don’t know what service we deliver
- We haven’t got a sales process.
At first glance we could blame business owners for being in a state of denial, but I think that the IT Industry has let business owners down. We have been too focused on how we solve IT problems and not focused on helping business owners understand how vital it is to invest in technology for business success.
As a business owner you should make sure you pay the same amount of attention to technology as you do to other areas of your business; such as sales & marketing, finance etc.
Make sure you partner with an IT Support provider that doesn’t just fix your reactive support issues but has a continual process for delivering predictable positive results from your technology that will help you reduce risk and scale your business.
All IT Support providers do reactive support well, but the real value for your business is how they help you invest in technology to scale your business.
So, when choosing an IT partner here are a selection of questions you should ask:
- What is your process for helping me align my IT Strategy with my business goals?
- How are you going to help me make informed decisions on technology?
- How have you developed your technology standards and how do you make sure these standards align to my business?
- How do you organise your service delivery team to deliver predictable positive results from technology?
- How are you going to help me understand the value of investing in technology?
- How often do you expect me to meet with you and who will I be meeting with?
Choosing the right IT support partner will ensure you improve productivity, drive down support issues, reduce risk, increase functionality and help scale your business.
Investing in technology will give you a competitive advantage and help your scale your business. It will also give your company a higher valuation. These benefits will make you more money and help you achieve your business and personal goals.
We’ve devised a survey to help review your current working process to see if you could be doing it better. All you have to do is answer 6 simple business technology questions. After which, you will receive a FREE instant assessment score and our Business Technology Top Tips: How to Invest in Technology to Scale Your Business.
Here is the link: https://www.technology.work/business-technology-assessment/